What's the 411? This is where we list everything we know about bullfighting.
You may see some things referring you to the FAQ, which stands for "Frequently
Asked Questions", and is a common term used widely on the internet.We
like to use "411", because everyone knows that it stands
for "information". And if you didn't know..... now you do.
This is an on-going data search. So if you don't see it today, you'll
see it tomorrow.
Coming Soon is our Travel Section! -- This is where you can find the
best places to see, stay, eat, etc., -- in Portugal, Spain, Mexico,
USA, and more! And if you have any "Hot Spots", please feel
free to send it to us via eMail at " firstname.lastname@example.org".
All suggestions will be reviewed prior to posting on our site.
Don't forget, we have a forum where you can post articles, news, and
other blogs by clicking >here< now.
|What is a Festa? or is it Fiesta?
Bullfighting 101 - FAQ's
Below is a breakdown of terminology
for each style of Bullifghting
- Spanish Style - COMING SOON!
- Portuguese Style - COMING SOON!
|Here's a few simpliefied terms just to get
- Cavaleira - female bullfighter on horseback
- Cavaleiro - male bullfighter on horseback
- Rejoneo/Rejoneador- Spanish male bullfighter
- Rejonea/Rejoneadora - Spanish female bullfighter
- Festa - Festival, Fiesta
- Ganadaria - Bull Ranch
- Ganadero - Bull Rancher raising bulls
- Coudelaria - in Portuguese it means Ranch
- Ranchero / Rancho - Ranch
- Agualva - a small village in Terceira
on the Azores Island
- Azores Island - an island located west
of mainland Portugal
- Obrigado - Thank You in Portuguese
- Muito Obrigado - Thank you very much in
- Gracias - Thank you in Spanish
- Muchos Gracias - Thank you very much in
- Toiros - Bulls
- VTS - Velcro® Tip Spear
- Banderillas - long decorated spear/stick
used in a bullfight
- Bloodless Bullfight - No blood drawn --
Bulls do not get killed
- Cavalos - horses
- Iberian Horses - Lusitanos and Andalusians
/ Baroque style mainly used for bullfighting
- Forcados - a group of 8 men who grab a
- Filarmonica - band who plays beautiful
music at a bullfight
- Matador - in Spanish term means "Killer"
There are three parts to what the Matador does in the arena:
- Capote - Pink/Yellow Cape work
- Banderilla - Long decorated stick/spear
- Muleta - Red Cape work before the final
- Faena - the kill
- Bandarillero - Matador/Cavaleiros helper
on foot in the arena
|Where on your site can I find what you are
|What is 411?
These are the meanings for 3-digit numbers
used in the USA telephone system. For foreigners visiting the
US, these are important numbers to remember.
- "411" - Information / Informacion
Inquire someone's phone or address listing from a live phone
- "611" - Phone Repair
Call this number if you feel that something is wrong with your
phone lines (outside or inside). This is NOT to repair the
- "911" - Emergency / Emergencia
for urgent matters ONLY and dials directly to the nearest Police
dispatching unit available in your area. But remember.....
ONLY use it for extreme emergencies.